Thursday, February 26, 2009

Episode 2 - OMG Episode 2!

Show notes coming soon!

I spent the week longing to podcast, and on Sunday I got the opportunity!

I went to Portland over the weekend and visited Yarnia, Portland's only DIY yarn store. I also went to Powell's City of Books to buy No Idle Hands along with the winter '09 issue of Vogue Knitting.

What I didn't get at Powells was Julie and Julia, but it's in my shopping cart, along with My Life in France by Julia Child herself.

I finished reading Robinson Crusoe and am also listening to Black Powder War by Naomi Novik on my iPod.

I read Coraline the book and also saw the movie. Then I made my very own Coraline gloves! The originals were knitted by the incredible Althea Crome. Please note: if you got the pattern on 2/8 or 2/9, please re-visit the blog for some small changes to the original as I wrote it. Changes are for the Glove Top and Fingers and are marked in red text.

Pagewood Farm (warning! Weird flash site! Rav link here) did the sock yarn for my beautiful Santa Fe Socks
(R). My EZ seamless yoke sweater is trucking along, and a swatch hat is
in my future. At the time of podcasting I was 2/3 through the Seeded Rib Scarf #7,
but I had a nice long chat with mom on Sunday night and finished it!
Woohoo! I also worked on my 10 minutes/day spinning sessions and am
almost done with the second (of 3) plies of some Crown Mountain Farms SW Merino in Wish You Were Here.

Have a happy Valentine's day! See you guys in 2 weeks!

Tika can be found in the following places:
Ravelry: Tikabelle
Flickr: Tikabelle
Blogland: Largely Unrepeatable
You can also subscribe via iTunes!

P.S. - join the Ravelry group!

No comments:

Post a Comment